Mission. San Diego Children and Nature leads the regional movement to connect all children to nature by providing professional learning, and networking for educators, families, and communities.
Vision. Our vision is a world in which all children play, learn, and grow with nature in their everyday lives.
Goals. Six strategic goals have been established to implement the mission:
- Increase public awareness of the value of nature and outdoor experiences.
- Enhance schools’ ability to connect children to nearby nature.
- Partner with community groups to value, promote and provide opportunities for outdoor experiences.
- Drive changes in attitudes, skills and behaviors that lead to positive relationships with nature.
- Promote learning, sharing and networking.
- Build a sustainable organization to support our mission.
San Diego Children and Nature (SDCaN) was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization in October 2015. SDCaN brings the national children and nature movement to San Diego. Link to national C&NN