Because children are healthier, happier and smarter when they learn in nature and play outdoors!
The San Diego Children and Nature Collaborative (SDCaN, or the Collaborative) was organized in January 2009 by individuals and educational, environmental, business, and community groups with shared concerns that today’s children have fewer and fewer opportunities to experience nature. Over 60 organizations are working together to preserve opportunities for San Diego’s children to learn in nature and play outdoors. In October 2013, the Collaborative became a Program within the San Diego Science Alliance www.sdsa.org.
The Collaborative organizes a general meeting every two months, and notices are sent to members in email messages. We invite you to join us for the meetings, to learn from others, and to share your opportunities and successes with Collaborative members and partners.
More information about the Collaborative
- Why Children and Nature? More reasons!
- Mission Vision and Goals
- Who Are We?
- Collaborative Partners
- Leadership Team and Ways to Get Involved
- Sign up! and How to Contact Us
- List of Partners, with links to their webpages and lists of activities for families
- SDCaN events, organized for nature educators, educators, and community supports (not events for children or families)